Poetry Reviews: We publish a review of at least one long poetic work (poetry collection, chapbook, magazine, &c) in every monthly issue of Songs of Eretz Poetry Review.
We are currently OPEN to unsolicited requests for reviews.
Our mission is to promote poetry and poets. Therefore, we only publish POSITIVE reviews. Negative reviews are shared privately with the poets in question only. Mixed reviews are handled case-by-case. We cannot guarantee a positive review.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR LONG POETIC WORK FOR A REVIEW
QUERY FIRST! Send your query to Editor@SongsOfEretz.com. Please include the following with your query:
- Your contact information (name, address, and phone number)
- The title and a 50-word (or less) description of the work proposed for review.
- Three sample poems or about 250 words of an epic work.
- Whom you would like to write your review (see below "Reading Fee Structure"). CHOOSE WISELY! Attribution opportunities differ depending on whom authors your review (see below "Rights & Legal Issues").
IF YOUR REQUEST FOR A REVIEW IS GRANTED:
- You must first go to Paypal.com and pay the appropriate reading fee (see below). Use Submissions@SongsOfEretz.com for the receiving address.
- Mail an AUTOGRAPHED copy of the work to be reviewed to your reviewer's address. Your reviewer's address will be provided to you in answer to your initial query. This is part of the "fee" for your review--the copy will NOT be returned to you.
READING FEE STRUCTURE
- $8 for your review to be randomly assigned to any staff member
- $10 for your review to be assigned by name request to one of the following Frequent Contributors: Ross Balcom, Sylvia Cavanaugh, Richard Fenwick, John C. Mannone, or Vivian Finley Nida.
- $12 for your review to be assigned to the Associate or the Assistant Editor
- $15 for your review to be assigned to the Editor-in-Chief
RIGHTS & LEGAL ISSUES
- Songs of Eretz Poetry Review retains ALL rights to its reviews whether published or not.
- If your review has been published, direct readers to our website if you wish to use one of our reviews to promote your work. If your (negative) review was not published but you would still like to publish all or part of it on your own, you must obtain written permission from Songs of Eretz first.
- Query Editor@SongsOfEretz.com for permission to reprint all of or an excerpt from a review. Permission is liberally granted, but you must get it in writing from Songs of Eretz.
- Attribution opportunities differ depending on whom authored your review. A review by an editor may be cited as the opinion of Songs of Eretz Poetry Review; a review by a staff member can only be represented as the opinion of that specific staff member. Examples follow.
---- A review by an editor may be attributed to "Songs of Eretz Poetry Review" and/or to the specific editor, as in: "Best poetry collection I have ever read!" --Songs of Eretz Poetry Review OR "Best poetry collection I have ever read!" --Terri Lynn Cummings, Assistant Editor, Songs of Eretz Poetry Review.
---- A review by a staff member can only be attributed to that specific staff member, as in: "Best poetry collection I have ever read!" --Vivian Finley Nida, Frequent Contributor, Songs of Eretz Poetry Review.
- Allow up to 30 days for your review to be written and up to 30 more days for your review to appear in Songs of Eretz Poetry Review.